Monday, March 10, 2008

My DVR

I have a love/hate relationship with my DVR. First of all, I don't know how I ever lived with out it. Up until last year I was still recording my favorite shows on my VCR. Yes, with actual VHS tapes. I know...wow. Then, my roommates and I finally decided to get not one, but two DVR's. And then my life changed. You mean I can record TWO shows at one time? Oh wow. It was amazing. However the honeymoon is over. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my DVR, but at the same time I hate it. Do you know how behind I am on my shows? There are times where I feel guilty that I have neglected her. I can hear her in my sleep..."Stephen, Stephen, how can you go to bed when you have two new episodes of BIG BROTHER to watch?" I mean, I have programs on my DVR from last summer, when I first got her, that I have NEVER watched. Yet, there they are, saved from deletion, with that little gray diamond which means they can be saved FOREVER. I mean, it is possible that in March of 2009 I will still have HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 on my DVR, and I will have never watched it. Some of you may say that might not be a bad thing, but as it will be a stage musical soon, I see it as research. yeah.

Anyway, all of that aside, I am almost three weeks behind on many of my shows and many of these are hour long programs. And now, with the Writer's Strike over, so many of my favorite shows are coming back. I see trouble ahead. Big trouble. I have already had to let some of my friends go. CELEBRITY REHAB? I dropped her three weeks ago. AMERICAN IDOL? I have downsized to only watching the results show. THE VIEW? I only watch those ladies if I am home at 11am. So what lies ahead? Whole days devoted to catching up on my DVR. Losing sleep. And the real question is: How will my DVR respond? Will she have enough room to store all of these programs? Some of the gray diamonds may have to be deleted...but I will never delete VICTORIA BECKHAM: COMING TO AMERICA. Ever.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

Isn't Jeff Conaway mega creepo?
How about that scene where he's warbling uncontrollably? FREAK ME OUT!