Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New...Blog, Has Come...

So, I had lunch today with one of my dearest friends MacKenzie and she convinced to me to start a blog. MacKenzie and I have been friends since we were in Middle School, or Jr. High, depending on where you are from. Why are there two names for it anyway? Jr. High, Middle School...can't we just pick one? Anyway, who knew that after almost 15 years, two kids from Grand Blanc, Michigan would both be in NYC, having brunch on a chilly March Sunday and talking about blogs! I got really excited about the idea and now here I am! By the way, MacKenzie also has a blog, mackenzieland.com, so check it out!

Now that we are past the formalities, where do I start? Well, I am an Actor, Singer, Dancer, and Choreographer, but right now I find myself waiting tables. I guess it is a rite of passage that all actors in New York go through but I can tell you that it is one I wish I could skip. Believe me, I wouldn't miss it. At the same time, I work with some fun people and with each table you can meet new...ha ha ha...who am I kidding. Just put me on a stage, or in a rehearsal hall. That is my true love. But, here we are, the beginning of March and I am still without a performing gig. One of the things I love about this business is that your life can change with a phone call. Well...I AM READY FOR THAT PHONE CALL! My friends and I always joke that when a random 212 or 646 number shows up on our cell phones that it is Broadway calling. Well, lately when I get that random 212 or 646 call it is for some job that I applied for on craigslist. And believe me, you never know who or what is going to call you from craigslist. Don't get me wrong, there are many good things about craigslist and I have booked many a gig from craigslist. BUT...there are some SHADY people on that website. I guess that can be said about many people you meet or deal with on the Internet...but that is for another blog post.

Well! I think that is where I will end. Just some random thoughts from a random guy in NYC. As my title says, A New Blog Has Come...a little take on Celine's A New Day Has Come. I have been a little obsessed with Celine ever since I bought her Las Vegas show on DVD. It is amazing...and I am inspired by her discipline. And Hillary Clinton's too. Okay, I guess that is kind of random, but I had to mention her at least once in my first post. I will talk more about Hillary in my upcoming posts, but you must know that I support Hillary and I am continually amazed by her in this campaign. More on Hillary later...

Until next time...

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, my dear! It will be infinitely cooler thanks to you! Love ya! xo